Monday 13 August 2012

photo diary: London 2012 pt.2


These are the remaining snaps I wanted to show you guys of our olympicnic in Potters Fields with a glorious view of the embankment and the olympic rings on Tower Bridge. Perfect tourist photo spot. I can't reiterate enough how electric the atmosphere was and watching the Closing ceremony last night I did get a bit tearful that it was all coming to an end as it's been a fantastic two weeks.

Since Danny Boyles wonderful and super creative opening ceremony I have been hooked to all things Olympic related and watched as many events as I possibly could as being a student without a day job leaves hours to doss around and so the Olympic atmosphere took over in my house. I never knew sport could make me so emotional, I've always loved how it has the power to unite people, unite countries but hosting such a spectacular event in my home city was and is beyond words. Literally magnificent.

As for the Closing Ceremony did anyone else get crazy excitable when they saw the black cabs pull up into the arena hosting the Spice Girls? Literally felt like I was eight again and was ready to whip out my Spice Girl's t-shirt from their last concert as a full group that I was lucky enough to go to. I only wish that they had been on longer instead of Emeli Sande who sang the same song TWICE, um what's up with that then?

I'm really looking forward to the paralympics now and I've got Reading Fest coming up as well, eep!!

What did you think of the closing ceremony?


                                                               instagram: ohlittlered

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)