Tuesday 7 August 2012

elf blush: fuchsia fusion


(l-r) fuchsia fusion, giddy gold, berry merry


A few weeks back I took high advantage of the elf 50% discount code, among many other items I had often thought of picking up an elf blush to see for myself whether they were as pigmented as some of my favourite beauty bloggers have claimed for their extremely purse friendly price tag. I ended up adding three to my online shopping basket, and trust me when I say I would have gone for more if some of the more popular shades hadn't already sold out completely. 

First thing I noticed, once the excitement of eyeing up my new assortment of discounted delights wained off slightly, was the similarities between ELF and NARS. Most obvious to the eye is, of course, the packaging, cased in their sleek, black, and rectangular homes the only main difference is the famous rubberised packaging associated with Nars. Another similarity is that many of the elf shades are close dopplegangers for Nars also, in particular the blush in question which I find a great dupe for Nars Angelika.

Despite its namesake 'fuschia fusion', I would in fact describe this shade as more of a bubble gum pink with flecks of silver glitter running through it. Pigmentation wise I can't fault it, however, unless you're a human magpie, excited by all things sparkly and that shimmers, this shade can be over done quite easily creating a less desirable human glitterball effect. No, thank you. Therefore, you only need a light dusting on your brush and I would advise tapping off any excess before application and building up slowly but surely to your desired flush of pink. I really didn't need to build this blush up much personally as I am of the pale, ghost skin persuasion and as aforementioned this product is highly pigmented. 

I really do like this shade as it does add that rosy flush to your cheeks that is suited to the warmer months and more feminine look but I would prefer the elf blush range to have more matte blushes as many of their shades are quite frosty. And, if I'm being pickity, I would add that it is quite chalky so be careful of excess fallout.

Will you be trying any of the elf blush range or do you already have a favourite from their brand?


                                                               instagram: ohlittlered

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. Hi there! I recognize that is to some extent off-topic even so was
    required to question. Can building a well-established website for instance your own property go on a large amount of deliver the results?
    I will be brand new to blog nonetheless accomplish write
    within my record each day. I’d want to start up a blog so I can
    discuss our experience in addition to views on-line. You should tell me
    in case you have any guidelines or even techniques for completely new soon to be site
    proprietors. Have fun here!
    Look into my web-site ... http://www.treatmentforgenitalwarts.info/

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)