Sunday 13 October 2013

The Sunday Post: Rainy Day Dresses



Many times have I expressed my love of autumn but this year I've also had minor bouts of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - not that I've been diagnosed with this disorder but I do have pangs of what can only be described as 'meh' and 'bleurgh' days due to the gloomy weather.

I normally love cosying up indoors whilst rain beats against the window but I really want to get out and about without getting drenched. In order to brighten my mood I opted for wearing this cobalt blue floral print collar dress* from Motel Rocks. I instantly felt lighter and chirpier and love the detailing with the collar and lace cuffs, and the shape is super flattering. I wore this dress to visit my Granddad in hospital today and hopefully it perked him up too! Now, I'm looking forward to a traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings and some homemade lemon drizzle cake. Whose jealous? I would be.

Next week should be a hectic one with lot's of events and halloween makeup to be tested and a trip to H.O. HQ to visit my lovely Suzie B, so hopefully I'll pull myself out of this dull rutt I've been experiencing. Hope you all have had a lovely weekend and go gorge yourselves on Sunday treats, that's what I'll be doing for the remainder of the weekend...

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

24 comments:

  1. This dress is absolutely gorgeous, I love the pattern.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! And your hair is always just gorgeous! I'm jealous of the color!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  3. :0 love this dress! i love a bit of the colourful when those gloomy days start creeping in..

    Bumble Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute dress! You look lovely :)

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous! Such a wonderful pattern! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this dress too - I love it! Looks amazing on you :-)

    Hannah x
    www.hannahlouisef.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!

    Erin, xx

    http://strawcherry21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress, this pattern is so pretty! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pattern on your dress is so pretty and that colour really suits you!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may be sad in the gloomy weather but this dress certainly brightens up the day :) great outfit!
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute dress. I'm hating the gloomy weather and I'm in need of some fresh air. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need more print in my life- such a sunny dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the print of this dress. The current weather is horrible! I'll be getting the fake tan out soon!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty girl pretty girl, how I miss thee. I hope your Granddad is better soon <3 love always x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is lovely! The print is so cutesy

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is so cute, I don't know why but the colour blue reminds me of Alice in Wonderland

    http://rollablades.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful dress. Get well soon grandad! X

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving this dress!! The print and color are perfect for you! Definitely put me in a better mood!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with this dress, never seen a colour palette nor a pattern quite like it! Having to catch up on your posts, been so busy as of late!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totes have self diagnosed SAD as well - not even fair haha!
    Love your dress though, so cute :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    P.S Lemon Drizzle cake mmmmm <3

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)