Saturday 12 October 2013

The Beauty Bag: October





October is the month that marks not only Halloween but the best time of year for fashion and beauty, well for me anyway. I love autumnal trends, it's time to experiment andlayer things up. For most of the year I tend not to bother with eyeshadows and matte lipsticks, sticking to softer options. But come winter it's all about the true blood reds, plums and smokey hues. So, here's what's making the cut beauty wise for me this month...

The Base: I tend to suffer with dry patches around my nose and forehead so a primer is fundamental for prepping my skin. Primer of choice at the minute goes to Laura Mercier Foundation Primer*. This stuff seriously works, creating the perfect canvas to apply your foundation by smoothing out any troublesome areas. I then usually follow with my Liz Earle Signature Foundation - the shades 1 & 2 blended together is a perfect match for my skintone. 

The Eyes: I have hazel eyes so I love using golden tones and purples to bring the green flecks out. I've been enlisting MAC's Trax Eyeshadow a lot recently, either along my waterline during the day or blended into my crease alongside similar shades in the evening. Trax is a sultry purple shade with copper shimmer running through it, a universally flattering shade. I've been pairing this with the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara*, possibly a new contender for favourite mascara EVER. For a more toned down look the Clinique chubby stick shadow tints are great, they're quick and easy to blend in with your finger in the morning and have strong staying power. I'm loving using the shades Ample Amber* and Fuller Fudge* together and can see me doing so for everyday work wear this month.

The Lips: I love a good plum lip don't get me wrong but my top picks this month go to Revlon's Crème Brulee lip butter and the Hourglass liquid lipstick in the shade Icon. Crème Brulee glides on to the lips with ease, I would advise using a good lip scrub beforehand though. Dabbed on gently this is a gorgeous nude paired with Trax. If you're looking for a statement lip then Icon is your go to. A true blue toned red that won't fail to make a stand, I love how this dries on matte and let me tell you, this has  serious staying power.

The Extra's: In the place of my beloved Hourglass Illuminating Powders steps up the Bourjois Java Rice illuminating powder*. You need a light hand to apply this and less really is more when using this as this truly had the shimmer factor. I prefer to use a duo fibre brush to apply this all over my face to set my makeup instead of a usual powder. It brightens up my skin and gives that flawless finish we all crave. 

What's in your beauty bag this month?

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. All these products sound great! I must go out and buy that illuminating powder, I have heard so many great things about it. xxx

    DayDreamingEllie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trax is such a gorgeous colour. I don't think I would personally be able to pull it off but I can see it looking beautiful on others. Good choices!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hazel eyes too so might have to check that eyeshadow out!

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean; Autumn makes me want to try loads of different things with my fashion and beauty. I love all the products you've picked out, especially that Hourglass liquid lipstick!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. some great products, i really want to try the bourjois illuminating powder xxxx
    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these sound great. I've really wanted to try the Laura Mercier primer, seeing as though I use and love her Tinted Moisturizer. Lovely picks Lauren!
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love matte lipsticks, I think they're really flattering but don't exist very often! I'll have to try this one out!

    Bumble Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  8. *covers eyes* NO! I'VE JUST SPENT A FORTUNE AT MAC, I CANNOT BUY ANOTHER EYESHADOW, NO MATTER HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS! *sobbing*

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've gone back to my trusty Liz Earle for autumn and I love it, I really want to try the hourglass lips but I can't pick a colour x

    ReplyDelete
  10. MAC's Trax eyeshadow is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great products! Now I'm really curious about Hourglass's liquid lipstick, it sounds so nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks, I've got hazel eyes too, I'll have to start wearing more golden tones! Never thought of that before!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of lovely things in your makeup bag! I really want to try the Clinique chubby stick shadow tints & have them on my Christmas wishlist.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of the Chubby Stick eye shadows - gorgeous shades.

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trax is one of my favorite shades! It makes my eyes look so green. I've always wanted to try Hourglass Liquid Lipstick that color looks beautiful. xx

    kenziewoods.me

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Trax eyeshadow for my brown eyes! You've tempted me so much with the hourglass liquid lipstick, I have the exact same colour on my autumn wishlist I blogged about *jealous* . Will have to pick it up sooner rather than later!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of lovely products Trax eyeshadow looks gorgeous. Ive been loving Mac rebel lipstick and have been wearing it constantly!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Mac eyeshadow looks like it is in a shade I would love!!
    http://taniaxkoi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)