Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cream of the Crop



Over the Summer I truly became a cream convert, loving the dewy Cara D finish and multi-purpose functionality. But that doesn't have to stop now that it's autumn...

For cream blush beginners... You can't go wrong with Stila Convertible Color's - these blend in seamlessly with great colour payoff that lasts. I picked up their trio palette earlier in the year (review here), which was amazing value for money and well worth picking up. Also try out Benefit's Fine One One - a great all in one cream highlight and blush for both cheeks and lips in one simple swipe (read more about it, and other shimmer fav's, here).

On a budget? Why not give Topshop and Bourjois a go. Bloggers went mad for the Bourjois cream blushes and with good reason. I blend Shade 03 onto the apples of my cheeks using my fingertips, giving just the right amount of glow and colour and drying on like a powder. Topshop have a greater range of shades that won't break the bank, I recommened Head over Heels (swatches here). 

Luxury Purchase? I cannot fault Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow blush. I have the shade Liquifuschia, a bright burst of pink that translates into a rosy sheen if applied gently and can be built up for a stronger flush of colour. Again, I like to use this as a lip stain also. Perf.

Onto the eyes... I've only started to recently dabble in cream eyeshadows preferring a matte look, but with new releases from Bourjois and brightening cream shadows from Origins they're winning me over.  First off I tried and tested Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo's, it wasn't exactly love as they did tend to crease but the pigmentation was pretty awesome for a drugstore brand. I find using a good eyeshadow primer helps to rectify any crease issues. However, the new Bourjois 24hr cream to powder eye offerings are proving to be the pick of the bunch at the minute, but more about that later this week...

What's your favourite cream product or are you a devoted powder fan?

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

18 comments:

  1. ive wanted to try the stila convertible colours for so long now but the kevin aucoin one looks such a gorgeous shade too! It's too hard to pick with so many beautiful colours around!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do recommend the Stila convertible's - they really are a dream and have such gorgeous shades! x

      Delete
  2. I have been using my Topshop cream blush a lot lately, I love the colour in Head Over Heels!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only recently started using cream eyeshadows. I sometimes team them with powder eye shadows as they stay on better together.

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use many cream products, but these look really good! I like the sound of the Stila Convertible Colours :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit fine one one looks beautiful, love the three different colours!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Stila Convertible Colours. Alternatively No7 do great cream blushers! I really loved Romantic. So much that I actually used it all up!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Topshop blushers are amazing!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the Benefit Fine one how it has all three in one stick. Saves valuable space in my makeup bag.

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely cream products. I am getting more into cream blushes & I really love cream shadows.
    I have had Benefit's Fine One One on my wishlist since it was releases it looks so pretty.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore cream blush!
    In fact, I think it suits my skin better in winter because my skin gets so dry, that it looks much more natural than powder blush. I adore Illamasqua, Bourjois & Topshop's cream blush offerings, but after trying Stila's convertible colours they really blow all the rest out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Stila Convertible Blushes! My favorite is Lillium it's the perfect natural flush shade for my fair skin tone. xx

    kenziewoods,me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fine One One is awesome! I want to try the Top Shop blushes, great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Thanks for the recommendations.

    xo, Connie
    www.connnietang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm happy to read someone else say 'meh' about the Maybelline 24 Hour eye tattoos. I LOVE the packaging. The product itself? I can really live without it. Definitely not as great as the MAC or Estee Lauder creme shadows...and for drugstore I prefer the Revlon creme palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to get more into cream blush, I have the Revlon one already and it is gorgeous, I just always forget to apply it! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the Topshop one and think I need to have some practice using it! when its blended in it looks so lovely :)

    Katie xx | Katies World

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving the colour tattoos at the minute!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)