Saturday 26 October 2013

Saturday Night Beauty



Saturday nights at LR HQ tend to consist of a takeaway, glass of white wine, and crappy tv. Pretty perfect if you ask me. However, there are those occasions where I get my butt off the sofa and out of my onesie, ready for a night out with the girls. Here's the Saturday Night beauty line up...

For starters I prime my skin with my Clinique universal primer* (see here for deets!), before applying my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Illuminator in Pearl with my beloved Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, which I rave about here. This little gem from Becca adds a gorgeous hint of shimmer and boosts my complexion ten fold. However, it does contain SPF, which can be a bit of a no go when it comes to flash photography, so I'd recommend MAC Soft & Gentle highlight if you're planning on getting snapped. 

Red lips are a must for me with MAC's Ruby Woo being the forerunner. If I'm wearing a darker lip I prefer the formula to be matte as I don't find a glossy red to be as flattering. Ruby Woo can be slightly drying on the lips so I prep with Nuxe Reve de Miel beforehand.  As I've opted for a darker lip, a darker smokey eye is out of the equationwith a glam neutral eye and swift slick of eyeliner (L'Oreal Blackbuster Superliner is currently my liner of choice) taking its place. Benefits Most Glamorous Nudes Ever...* palette is fantastic for such occasions. Not only is the packaging ridiculously cute encased in a book, but the shades are subtle yet stunning. I sweep It's Complicated over the lid with Gil-y Pleasure blended into the crease for extra definition.  I'm not the greatest fan of false lashes so I opt for a coating of Benefit They're Real Mascara to give my lashes so va-va-voomph.

I keep my cheeks quite muted with Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed making the rounds as contour and blush all in one, set with a light dusting of Bourjois Java Rice powder*. Now all that's left is to squeeze into that LBD, spritz some Urban Decay All Nighter Spray*, and head out for a mojito, or two...

 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. That all sounds so amazing! I love using Mac's Soft and Gentle for nights out, it photographs so nicely!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such amazing things about the Tarte blushes, 'Exposed looks like the perfect subtle shade! and I loveee the Benefit They're Real mascara it's just soo good! Lovely post :)

    isabella ♥

    http://pinkiepromisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Benefit pallette looks gorgeous! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of the Benefit Palette, the colours are gorgeous! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Benefit palette looks pretty & I never got on a night out without a spritz of my UD Setting SPray - love that stuff!
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That benefit palette is stunning!!

    www.coffeeandcaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Benefit sets so much! Also really lusting over one of the Ambient light powders!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many products that I want to try.
    I adore the look of that Benefit palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This set looks amazing! Definitely going on my wish list :)

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try the Becca Illuminator - great post lovely!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reeeaally need the Most Glamourous Nudes Ever palette. It's been on my radar so so long now
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want Tarte Exposed, might have to try ebay perfect blush for Autumn! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get on the Becca Skin Perfectoring bandwagon! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Benefit palette is GORGEOUS!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice post thanks for update paye

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)