Sunday 4 August 2013

The Sunday Post: Summer Shimmer



Matte has been my mate through the years but with the sun shining I thought I'd mix things up and add some shimmer to my everyday look. Dewy, radiant skin is what we all crave during the Summer months and these are few products I've been coveting lately...

Special mention goes out to the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, applied under my foundation or mixed up together this stuff gives my skin such a lovely healthy sheen. Old time buddies include MAC All That Glitters a subtle golden bronze that finishes off my look with a simple sweep over the lids, and of course MAC Soft & Gentle which is perhaps my all time favourite highlight.

I've also been playing around with Benefit's Fine One One*, an all in one brightening color for cheeks and lips which illuminates the skin. I love multi-purpose products and so this is great product to keep in your bag for on the go touch ups.  I'm a huge fan of the Origins GinZing Range which refreshes my dull skin giving it a new lease of life, so I was really excited to test out the GinZing makeup range. Look out for reviews on their Brightening Cream Eye Shadows, the look gorgeous in the pan but do they live up to the heights of the GinZing Moisturiser and eyecream, the jury is still out on that one...

I love a coral lip in Summer, heck I would wear a coral lip all year round if I could so Revlon's Juicy Papaya Lip Butter is on regular rotation in my makeup bag. I also have a soft spot for my Estèe Lauder Pure Color High Gloss* which started off my conversion to lip glosses with it's lightweight feel and non sticky formula. I love to whack this on when I'm sporting a more natural look or a heavier eye.

I couldn't put up this post without mentioning the Urban Decay Naked 2, my absolute favourite palette for adding a touch of shimmer. My personal favourites have to be Half Baked, Chopper, Suspect and YDK.

What are your go to shimmer shades?



 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

30 comments:

  1. I love the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette for some nice shimmery colours :) x

    http://mavieenr0se.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Mac soft and gentle is on my wishlist, it looks beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! The Urban Decay Naked 2 palette is great!


    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  4. a really wearable make-up :)


    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing simple make-up looks like this too for summer! All That Glitters has also been my go-to eyeshadow, great minds think alike. I love your blog.


    Eloise | http://simplynaturale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with Benefit's Fine One One! Absolutely love it! That lip colour is gorgeous too X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love urban decay midnight cowboy! X

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think at least one of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors would make in onto my desert island list. Lovely picks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Becca shimmering perfectors! You look gorge, I also really want to try the Benefit Fine One One x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh will have to check that out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful and has lasted me FOREVER! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favourite palettes! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Eloise :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't get it at first but now I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely need to see what this is like! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know right?! Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you'd love it Jem :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fashion Follows Her4 August 2013 at 11:48

    Butter London do the most quirky colours and such great shape bottles.... http://fashionfollowsher.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the coral lip colour! My favourite shimmer shades have to be MAC's Retro-Speck and Woodwinked, however I also really like the 'Storm' Sleek Palette as it also has some lovely shimmery colours!
    http://hanclarky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I trust my Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet for all the shimmer shades I need. I should probably try other shades but Naked 2 is just so good :)

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love soft & gentle! My all time favourite highlighter too :)


    Emgeorgias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm yet to try, I hope I like them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking those up as I type.. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know what you mean, I don't venture too far from it! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. And it lasts such a long time! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Becca luminous skin sounds wonderful! I love the healthy glowing look :)

    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving your lip colour! (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. i am a coral lip addict. :) I love the lipstick infrared from topshop. Have you tried it yet?

    Letty x

    blackpearllovex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Juicy Papaya from Revlon, it's such a pretty colour :)

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)