Saturday 24 August 2013

All I want is a room somewhere


When Money Supermarket offered me the chance to spruce up a room of my choice with their home improvement challenge I leapt at the chance, I've been trying to fix up my bedroom for months now and that extra £50 really did come in handy, so thank you Money Supermarket!  Having moved back home after graduating from Uni I found my bedroom cluttered with junk with not enough storage to house it all, so I finally took the plunge and bought the Ikea Alex. Okay, okay that would already be out of my £50 budget but nan contributed to most of it as a graduation gift so now my hoard of beauty bumf is snuggled up nicely in one place...


I picked up these two cushions from Primark for a cheap and cheerful £6. Jon did raise an eye at these somewhat girly additions to our bed but I couldn't resist.


I was also recently contacted by Out There Interiors, I picked this quirky old jewellery cabinet* which I attached to the wall. I like having the glass door so I can still see my jewellery and found this really handy for decluttering my desk of old bracelets and necklaces. What do you think?

Out There Interiors has some great pieces so I recommend having a gander!


For those of you who know me, you'll know that my love for IKEA knows no bounds. I find myself picking up something for my room every time we visit. I love this cute ornate bowl where I house my bobby pins - we all know how bobby pins and hair bands love to wander off... 

I also snapped up this storage jar from Gifts & Pieces to house my hoard of tealights on my window sill.


Although the mighty Ikea Alex can fit the majority of my beauty products, I needed to pick up this wicker basket from Tesco (£8) for my excess haircare products. Again this really keeps on top of the mess that was my chest of drawers.


I love to document my life, have done since I was seven years old when I first started my diaries so I was a little dismayed that I didn't have many photo frames to showcase some of my favourite memories around my bedroom. In keeping with my monochrome theme I picked up this Sondrüm frame for £4 and placed an old favourite of me and the boy from passing our A-levels. Perfect.

I've hoped you've enjoyed snooping around my bedroom, I'm really happy with it now and it really is that my own little haven to come back to everyday. I'm probably going to pop up some more interior posts, so if there's anything you'd like to see let me know!

P.s. If you love reading Oh Little Red as much as I enjoy putting it all together then please vote me 'Best New Beauty Blog' in the Cosmo Awards (vote here) - the voting ends on the 30th and it would put the cheesiest grin on my face if you voted :) Thanks to everyone who has done so already! 
 photo lauren-signature_zps4149a168.png
Bloglovin'//Twitter//HelloCotton//Facebook

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

50 comments:

  1. Your room looks so cosy! I love the photo frame :)

    Catherine x | Brighton Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky from mybeautyedit24 August 2013 at 10:19

    what a lovely bedroom you have! I wish mine was that organised and colour co-ordinated, all my furniture is a different shade of white- oops!

    Becky xoxo
    http://mybeautyedit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks lovely! Love your dressing table :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren WHERE did you get that beautiful Dressing table??

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is, perfect place to snuggle up! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a long time but I got there, it still needs work but I'm just getting bit's one thing at a time! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dunelm Mill - Would you like a post on my dressing table? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is so lovely Lauren! Those cushions are so pretty, and I love your dressing table! xxx




    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Holly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes that would be really nice :) it's so pretty! I love white furniture x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really amazing ideas here! Lovely pictures :)

    Erin, xx

    http://strawcherry21.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Cherry :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you liked the post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're room seems so lovely! My love for IKEA also "knows no bounds," haha! I could basically live in IKEA! Lovely post!

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could camp out in Ikea and be perfectly content :) haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw it looks lovely! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  18. look lovely

    http://shayleenanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Georgia Nicolaou24 August 2013 at 12:15

    Love that frame! I am big on documenting my life too:) I really want the IKEA Alex

    Check out my blog if you have the time,
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your bedrooms my idea of pure heaven, such a pretty dressing table, gorgeous! :-)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you Kerry :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Shayleen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw wow, that's so lovely! Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your room is adorable! I have voted for you beaut ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Jade <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so jealous of your room! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love the little jewelry cabinet and the primark cushions are darling! i cannot wait to move out of my current uni apartment when i graduate so i can redecorate!!

    xx
    Natalie | http://saltandsail.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw thank you, it took a lot of work to get it this way! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love my little fox cushion :) and I remember that feeling, but now I've moved back home I'm now dreaming of how I'm going to decorate my first home! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your room is gorgeous, really need to get myself the Ikea Alex!xx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely love all of these!! You're a lucky lady :) I like the idea of a little bowl for your bobby pins because oh my god they hate me so much they run away - I bought a pack not even a month ago and only have about 10 left, which is bad even by my standards...bowl it is, inspired :)

    Holly Mixtures

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. they're pesky aren't they! Glad to have inspired you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your room looks lovely, love the cushions, they're adorable. I keep debating whether or not to get a set of alex drawers but I think it might just give me an excuse to buy even more beauty products.

    RosalieJayne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my god, the fox cushion! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I actually shocked myself at how I managed to fill up every drawer, mind you that includes hair tools, hair products, body & bath products and samples too! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great post! I really want the Alex drawers to store my makeup

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I seriously love your storage, and your room is perfect! I've been trying to organize mine but didn't start yet haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I find it's easier to do it piece my piece - so I started with a new dresser, then new bedside table, then more storage drawers - slowly clearing up more junk - next on my list is a new bed frame! x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Zofia Tamzin Ludgate25 August 2013 at 06:48

    i love your room!

    great post,

    Zofia xo

    littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  41. The cabinet is so nice! I'm so tempeted by the Ikea Alex its unreal!

    catrinteleri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  42. I absolutely love your dressing table! I can't wait til I'm no longer renting and can actually buy lovely furniture like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks great. What do you have your MAC lipstick's in? Is it MUJI? x

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the ALEX, but didn't know whether to spend the money on it. Luckily I was browsing my local charity furniture store and came across a larger, deeper version of it that just needs a little TLC and I can colour with some paint to match my room. Love your vanity table! xo

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  45. This looks lovely! I am moving soon & am struggling with ideas of how to decorate my new room but this has given me some inspiration! Thank you :) x


    bethangrace95.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  46. haha oh man i have a pinterest board dedicated to that already!! my room at home has been overtaken by my mama so i think it's hopeless for a decoration overhaul

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the cabinet :) x

    prideandpedicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love all the white furniture - it's my favourite :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. I do love those drawers, I see them everywhere! Danielle x


    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)