Friday 6 July 2012

Purely Natural Skin Healing Moisturiser



I hadn't heard of Purely Natural until they recently got in touch via twitter and I jumped at the chance to try out their new healing moisturiser as, like all their products, it is made of 100% Natural ingredients! And although their packaging is very simple and not much to behold when compared to some higher end brands, the no fuss packaging doesn't bother me and in fact I applaud companies such as Purely Natural for using recyclable PET packaging.

Now let's get onto what we really want to know, does the product work?

This product is geared towards those of us who have suffered or do suffer from damaged skin in need of a bit of TLC. In my early teens I did go through quite a horrendous and emotionally draining phase where I was very acne prone and my light purple acne scars around my chin area serve as a not so pleasant reminder of those days. I've searched and searched for products aimed to help reduce scarring with some hits and many misses along the way and so after using this healing moisturiser I hope to try out their healing scars scrub and acne cleanser.
 I have noticed a reduction in the appearance of my acne scarring and a clearly visible 'good riddance' to dry skin just by applying a small amount of this product and after just a few applications my skin feels smoother, more hydrated and I feel like it's added an extra luminosity to my otherwise quite dull skin. 

In terms of its contents it contains beeswax, carrot seed oil, sunflower oil and Vitamin E oil amongst other natural oils found from vegetables and fruit.
Vitamin E has been a popular choice for beauty oils even since the ancient Egyptians for skin and hair care purposes and has been considered a valuable source of maintaining healthy skin as it is an excellent antioxidant providing both cell protection as well as maintaining our immune system. The results speak for themselves as Vitamin E has proved an ideal weapon against problematic skin such as roughness, dryness and fine lines - what more could we ask for!

 I would say that I do prefer more creamy forumula's when moisturising my skin and in particular my facial area as opposed to the more oily consistency of this product which I don't normally like applying to my skin. However, the skin does quickly absorb the oil which as shown above is filled with skin loving ingredients that will only serve to nourish and moisturise and there is little excess oil and residue left on the skin surface which I originally thought might be a problem when first trying out this product; you only need to use the smallest amount so don't over do it with the product as it is oil based.

The results speak clearly for themselves as my skin does feel heaps and bounds betters and I look forward to trying out more from the Purely Natural range!

What do you think, will you be trying anything from their range or could you recommend any products specifically for damaged skin?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

1 comments:

  1. I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the wonderful works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; Rejuvenex Skin Care

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)