Saturday 5 January 2013

The Weekend Post: Banishing Blemishes

 REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask, REN Clear Calm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser*, Origins Super Spot Remover
The majority of us have all had our fair share of blemish battles with some of us raging onto near full on warfare when it comes to the not so welcome little pustules...lavley image I'm conjuring up there isn't it? Throughout my teen years I was deemed one of the unfortunate souls that just couldn't get rid of spots no matter what lotion or remedy I tried. I suffered from mild acne; which seemed even more pronounced due to the unwanted redness caused due to the stress of said spots. Thankfully today I only have the odd red bump, y'know the annoyingly sore ones without a head on it, and sometimes a smattering of tiny blackheads because I have quite large pores and uprooting them can be quite tricky. So, I have compiled my top three products that have beat the blemishes to share with you....

REN INVISIBLE PORES DETOX MASK: So the main purpose of this product isn't to rid you of existing spots exactly as it is aimed more towards their prevention. This mask works wonders at unclogging unwanted muck that has buried itself into your pores by drawing out all such impurities and minimising your pores in the process, wonderful! I cannot sing its praises enough, not only have my pores noticeably reduced in size but I have been blackhead free since using it once every week.

REN  CLEAR CALM 3 CLARIFYING CLAY CLEANSER*:  This is my all time favourite skin care product, hands down. I have quite sensitive skin and so many cleansers I have used in the past have been far too rough for my skin and caused breakouts instead of tackling them but the clay formula is oh so soft on my skin and extremely gentle so hasn't caused any flare ups! The Clear Calm 3 Range is aimed for blemish prone skin and works at tackling the main causes of breakouts such as excess sebum, build of dead skin cells, and spot causing bacteria - yuck! I absolutely adore the range as all the products I have tried gently exfoliate whilst deeply cleansing the skin and reducing redness. I use this three times a week, after my skin is clean and all make-up removed, and my skin has never felt clearer or softer. Next on my list to try from their Clear Calm 3 Range is the Replenishing Night Serum which aims to banish redness, soothe the skin, and reduce pigments and scarring.


ORIGINS SUPER SPOT REMOVER:  Origins top seller and beauty blogger favourite, and no wonder why. Although it is only a measly 10ml for £13 you really do need the tiniest amount on the surface of the spot, and not, may I emphasise, the surrounding area. Blemish busting Salicylic Acid is the main ingredient but can also cause some dryness in which case reduce the amount you're putting it on a day as it does recommend up to three times daily, whereas I stick to just once before bed. Reducing redness and eliminating excess oil brings the blemish down a peg or two and normally I wake up with only a slighly red spot that is easily covered by my concealer instead of a mountainous bump that could poke your eye out.. Every time I have used this product the spot has gone within a day and I can get back to feeling a lot happier about my skin.

May I just add that Skincare really is subject to you personally and what works for one might not be the miracle cure for another. I have learnt this the hard way by trying out an array of products deemed miracle cures but really didn't seem to do much for me at all. Also being a beauty blogger it is hard not to stray into the habit of constantly mixing up my skincare regime  and wanting to try out every new fad out there, what I say is if you have something that works for you, stick to it. Using too many products cannot actually make a problem worse or cause one.


Whats number one on your skincare list?


                                                               instagram: ohlittlered

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I really want the Invisible Pores Detox mask! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try REN's invisible pores detox mask. I also have been curious about the origin's spot remover, but lush's grease lightning is a really great and natural alternative to it that I've been using, and loooove. Great post, very helpful.

    http://esseverum.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mask sounds amazing, really considering buying it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've ordered a super spot remover, i'm so excited to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, my skins gone crazy after eating junk at Christmas! I really want to try the origins super spot remover, heard nothing but great reviews!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. def need to try these, as my skin is really sensitive too .. Ren Clear calm here i come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love the origins spot remover, Pricey but will last ages!
    I'm a new follower form the bbloggers chat :)
    Charli @ Charli-dot-dot-dot.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been seing REN skincare all over blogs lately! I wish I could try it for myself too!!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. So difficult pesky spots- currently using Clinique Blemish 3-Step Routine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good pick on REN Clearcalm, by all means go for the night serum as well. I'm on my second bottle now, going for the third! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab write up, I've heard great things about the origins spot remover. Might just have to invest x

    Prettybugblog.bloodspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The REN clay cleanser sounds incredible, I've never tried a clay product before but they do look really good, and you've made me want to buy the detox mask because I've never found a product that actually reduces blackheads properly and fully clears pores etc.!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)