This week I've been very poorly, I'm actually writing this from the hospital at the moment, and we all know hospitals suck. Tomorrow night I'm looking forward to my own bed and so this weeks Five Things Friday was inspired by a craving for a good night in, with crappy tv, hot chocolate, and my duvet.
1) You can't settle in to an evening in without having a nice hot soak in the tub, and washing all your stress away. I love massaging Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion* into my skin once I've dried off. Is it me or do all Soap & Glory bath products smell good enough to eat?
2) Whilst I'm letting the moisturiser soak in and work it's magic (and having cleansed my skin thoroughly) I like to apply a face mask and chill in my towel with some YouTube videos. Mask of choice at the moment has to go to Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask* - I think I have a thing for things that smell good. The scents of Mandarin and Vanilla Pod are extremely inviting, and this mask works wonders at hydrating my skin.
3) The pampering continues in the form of beauty magazines (did you spot me in Pure Magazine, above?), and nail primping. I'm feeling rather festive at the moment so have adorned these glittery Butter London shades.
4) Pampering done, there's nothing left but to sit back and relax with some tasty treats. So, stock up on Haribo's, nachos, and your beverage of choice (I'm partial to a glass of white wine) and slip into your onesie. I love flicking through my favourite blogs and I couldn't do this post without mentioning Jenny Purr, I spent a good hour flicking through all her recent posts and getting lost in it all - a great read.
5) I find nothing sets the mood better than switching off the lights, switching on a good Julia Roberts flick by candle light. I love melting into my duvet with various tea lights flickering on my window sill. Bliss.
What makes a great evening in for you?